Monday 25 May 2015

A Bit of Meandering...

Hello Reader

It has been a Bank Holiday weekend this weekend in the UK. That means we get Monday off, making it a long weekend.   My one goal this weekend was to make a start on the garden....

For those with partners, spouses, children etc, Bank Holidays are great. For those of us who are single, but all our friends are married with kids etc, this is not so good.  In fact, it can get pretty lonely and dull.

However, I have made sure that I've done something productive each day, and something each day for me to enjoy. Of course there have been many, many cups of tea drunk!  And, I've enjoyed having the time to just....be. To lay with my beloved cat and watch the clouds go by, listening to him purr, as I scratch his ears.

I sometimes wonder if I'll ever meet someone that I really want to be with, that wants to be with me.  Who knows?  Although I always felt that I wouldn't get married, I didn't think I would grow old single.  Luckily, I have good friends (even the married ones!) and a loving family, a roof over my head and food in the fridge.  All in all; Pretty Damn Blessed.

I forgot to get weighed this weekend, so I don't know where I'm at on the scale. However, my clothes are feeling looser.  I have been faffing around and not eating well and I seriously cannot remember the last time I exercised.

One of my goals this year was to lose seven stones.  I'm nowehere on track with that, but if I make changes now I can be closer to my target than if I don't start.

I suffer quite badly with perfectionismitis.  This means that if I am not 100 % perfect in achieving something, I give up.  You will know if you have read my blog before that I am a keen follower of The Flylady (www.flylady.net), and she has taught me that there is no such thing as perfectionism, and that housework done incorrectly still blesses your home.  I need to start expanding this concept to other things; at the moment I expect myself to Eat Clean 100 % and start exercising daily for an hour.  This approach is clearly not working for me AT ALL.  So, for the remainder of this week, I'm going to try to eat something healthy at each meal and exercise for 15 minutes each day.  Just gentle movement. Nothing mental.  I've noticed since Christmas that I am getting more and more stiff each day - I actually feel like I'm seizing up!  Well, of course I am because I'm not moving!!

So, that's the plan.  Eating a bit better and moving a bit more.  I'll let you know how I got on.  the 'good' thing is that people have started noticing I'm losing weight.  I actually find this a little disturbing, because I don't know how to handle the praise or the recognition.  So, I'm just saying thank you and moving the conversation on.  

I hope you have a good week and move a little closer to your goals.

Much love to you and yours,

Carol B
xx
ps I didn't do the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment